Traveling Material Handler
Ashley Homestore is seeking a experienced Visual Merchandiser for Multiple Locations. ( Fairfax and Falls Church)
This position collaborates with the Visual Designer to create and maintain visually compelling displays that enhance the overall guest experience and maximize sales. This is an entry level position where we are looking for someone to assist the Visual Designer with heavy lifting of merchandise for the showroom floor. Additionally, supports and creates a safe working environment. The position requires strong organizational and communication skills. The Visual Merchandiser ensures the building and property are maintained in accordance with company standards.
- Work effectively with team members to utilize varied skills in order to facilitate a consistent 5-Star Guest Experience at all locations.
- Maintain Corporate Visual presentation standards and policies.
- Execute and maintain merchandising displays and planograms.
- Assist in training of new team members in regards to visual standards and display.
- Assist in administrative functions as needed by the department.
- 1-3 years’ experience in retail or home furnishing is desired. (Or equivalent for people with a true flair for design)
- Strong creative ability.
- Strong communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work within prescribed guidelines and structures.
- Fine manipulation of hands and fingers.
- Combined sitting, standing and walking throughout the day to accomplish tasks.
- Able to push, lift & carry up to 75 pounds of merchandise and fixtures.
- Ability to occasionally bend at waist with some twisting up to one hour of workday
- Able to safely operate ladders and basic hand tools( ie. hammer, screwdriver, etc.)
- Ability to occasionally grasp, reach and manipulate objects with hands up. (This work requires eye-hand coordination, and may require bilateral coordination of hands up to 4 hours of workday.)
As a Visual Merchandiser, you must :
• Work a retail schedule including weekends, nights, and holidays
• Enjoy building or repairing furniture
• Work in a team-oriented, self-motivated, successful environment
• Possess strong communication, interpersonal and follow-up skills
• Commit to safety policies and procedures
• Load and unload merchandise
As a Warehouse Associate, you must:
• Have a High School diploma or GED
• Safely lift furniture
• Possess the ability to lift up to 75 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodations
What's in it for you?
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability benefits
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- A great employee purchase policy
Locations: Falls Church and Fairfax Locations
Job Type: Full-time