Sales Manager (Ashley)
Ashley Homestore/ Regency Furniture is seeking a highly skilled professional for our Sales Manager position.
As the Sales Manager, you will manage sales staff and charged with the responsibility to achieve maximum growth and optimum profits from sales through Metrics for the assigned location. Sets and adjusts sales goals as appropriate; responsible for overall operations of assigned retail location in the absence of the Store Manager. If you are interested in working for a company that really takes care of its employees, then this is the perfect position for you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support sales staff on the floor by continually coaching, motivating, and training on a daily basis
- Handles escalated inquires from sales staff or front office
- Thorough knowledge of policies and procedures
- Observes sales associates to ensure daily duties are performed and gives concise feedback for continuous improvement
- Conduct sales meeting – New items, modification of product, price updates, discontinued items and upcoming promotions
- Develop individual sales goals
- Monitor and track traffic flow
- Monitor the UP system
- Report and discuss sales goals and issues with Store Manager
- Provide reports
- Schedule sales floor to ensure full coverage
- Review all sales orders on a daily basis
- Sales Floor – pricing, tagging, promotion, and organization
- Knowledge regarding furniture location on the showroom and the merchandise
- Daily Close outs – count money
- Ensures merchandise is prepared in accordance with specifics of sales promotions events
- Ensures sales staff conducts themselves in a professional manner that is appealing to visitors, customers and other associates
- Recruiting new sales staff in a regular basis
- Responsible for alarms in the store, answering phone calls from alarm companies in case of issue. Cancel dispatch (if applicable) or meeting officers or firefighters at store at anytime
- Key Holder
- Works required hours and attends all required meetings
- Must be willing to work at any location
Supervises Sales Representatives, Office Staff and Merchandisers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of retail store operations, merchandising and sales concepts.
- Must possess the ability to read, analyze, and interpret common publications related to field of expertise, sales and financing contracts, delivery orders, etc.
- Must possess the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and vendors.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management and members of subordinate staff.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, etc. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Finance or related field preferred
- Three to five years or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer literacy to include a working knowledge of standard business applications (MS Outlook, Word and Excel), in a Windows environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt