In Store Warehouse Associate
Ashley Homestore is seeking an experienced In Store Warehouse Associate for Gaithersburg, MD.
This position collaborates with the Visual Designer to create and maintain visually compelling displays that enhance the overall guest experience and maximize sales. This is an entry level position where we are looking for someone to assist the Visual Designer with heavy lifting of merchandise to be placed on the showroom floor. Additionally, supports and creates a safe working environment. The position requires strong organizational and communication skills. The In Store Warehouse Associates ensures the building and property (including warehouse and facility restrooms) are maintained in accordance with company standards
Assisting Designer in floor moves
Assisting Designer in Hanging wall decor
Opening shipments of Accessories
Customer Pick ups
- 1-3 years’ experience in retail or home furnishing is desired.
- Strong communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work within prescribed guidelines and structures.
- Fine manipulation of hands and fingers.
- Combined sitting, standing and walking throughout the day to accomplish tasks.
- Able to push, lift & carry up to 75 pounds of merchandise and fixtures.
- Ability to occasionally bend at waist with some twisting up to one hour of workday
- Able to safely operate ladders and basic hand tools( ie. hammer, screwdriver, etc.)
- Ability to occasionally grasp, reach and manipulate objects with hands up. (This work requires eye-hand coordination, and may require bilateral coordination of hands up to 4 hours of workday.)
As a In Store Warehouse Associate you must :
• Work a retail schedule including weekends, nights, and holidays
• Enjoy building or repairing furniture
• Work in a team-oriented, self-motivated, successful environment
• Possess strong communication, interpersonal and follow-up skills
• Commit to safety policies and procedures
As a In Store Warehouse Associate, you must:
• Have a High School diploma or GED
• Safely lift furniture
• Possess the ability to lift up to 75 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodations
What's in it for you?
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability benefits
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- A great employee purchase policy
Locations: This Job Requires Traveling to 4 stores located in Bear, Dover, Middletown and Wilmington.
Job Type: Full-time